All campuses of Fordham University will closed Friday, September, 3, due to road closings and mass transit suspensions/delays caused by Tropical Storm Ida. No classes will be held on campus on Friday, but online classes will proceed as planned. Students impacted by the two-day campus closure may be given readings or alternative assignments by their instructors. Schools may permit instructors to hold tomorrow’s classes virtually at their regularly scheduled class times.
- Dining services at Lincoln Center and Rose Hill will be open and operating on their normal schedules.
- University Health Services will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Lincoln Center, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rose Hill.
- Counseling and Psychological Services will be open from noon to 5 p.m. at both Lincoln Center and Rose Hill.
- Ram Van service will resume at 8 a.m. Friday and will run hourly until 4 a.m. Saturday morning.
- UPDATE Friday, 9:30 a.m. | Walsh Library will be closed today.
Unfortunately, the storm caused major disruptions at the Rose Hill campus, including widespread flooding of lower floors. The University deployed facilities crews and pumping equipment overnight. The locations most affected were the basements of Duane Library, McGinley Center, and Walsh Library (the basement of which will require substantive remediation, and that floor will remain closed until Tuesday, at least).
There was no significant damage at Lincoln Center: we experienced minor flooding in the lower floors of McMahon Hall and 140 W. 62nd Street. Some elevator shafts were flooded: they have been pumped dry and are undergoing inspection prior to being put back into service. There were no injuries to students, faculty, nor staff.
As always, members of the University community should take local conditions into account when traveling to or from campus. In an emergency, please call Fordham Public Safety at (718) 817-2222.
Due to storm damage, mass transit suspensions, and road flooding in New York City from Tropical Storm Ida, all campuses of Fordham University will be closed on Thursday, September 2.
- All day and evening classes are cancelled.
- All Facilities and Public Safety staff are expected to report to campus as scheduled.
- Other staff and administrators who are able to work remotely should plan on doing so—staff who are uncertain about their status should check with their managers.
- Dining service venues will be available at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center, but some venues may open late, dependent upon demand and staff availability.
- University Health Services may be affected.
- Counseling and Psychological Services may be affected.
- Walsh Library is closed. Quinn Library and the Law Library may have delayed openings.
- All athletics and fitness facilities will be closed.
- Ram Van service is suspended.
As always, members of the University community should take local conditions into account when traveling to or from campus. Faculty, students and staff should call any of the following numbers for the latest campus travel-related information:
- (718) 817-5555
- (212) 636-7777
- (800) 280-7669 [(800) 280-SNOW]
- (877) 375-4357 [(877) 375-HELP]
In an emergency, please call Fordham Public Safety at (718) 817-2222.