Dear Members of the Campus Community:
The National Weather Service is predicting up to 12 inches of snow and high winds in the New York City area from Friday night through Saturday, January 28 to 29. All campuses of Fordham University will be closed on Saturday, January 29.
Saturday, January 29:
- No in-person classes will be held on campus on Saturday, January 29, but online classes will proceed as planned. Deans and instructors may contact their students with further information about alternative arrangements for classes affected by this announcement;
- Staff who normally have in-person responsibilities should expect to report to campus or check with their managers;
- Community Dining at Lincoln Center and the Marketplace at Rose Hill will open as scheduled, but other venues may open late or close early dependent upon demand and staff availability;
- University Health Services offices will be open on their normal schedules, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center;
- Counseling and Psychological Services will be closed (as is usual on Saturdays);
- The COVID-19 vaccination and testing center at Rose Hill and the testing site at Lincoln Center will be closed;
- Walsh and Quinn Libraries will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., the Law Library will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., as a study space only; the Fordham Westchester Library will be closed.
- Ramfit at Rose Hill will be open on its normal schedule—the fitness center at Lincoln Center will remain closed;
- Ram Van service will end on Friday night, with the last van departing from Lincoln Center at 11 p.m., and service will resume on Sunday at 7 a.m.
Please use caution while walking on campus, and avoid walking near or under large trees. To prepare for possible power outages, charge cell phone batteries, gather supplies and turn your refrigerator and freezer to a colder setting. If you lose power, items that need refrigeration will stay cooler for longer. Local weather forecasts are imprecise, and the storm may be worse than predicted.
As always, members of the University community should take local conditions into account when traveling to or from campus. Faculty, students, and staff should call any of the following numbers for the latest campus travel-related information:
- (718) 817-5555
- (212) 636-7777
- (800) 280-7669 [(800) 280-SNOW]
- (877) 375-4357 [(877) 375-HELP]
In an emergency, please call Fordham Public Safety at (718) 817-2222.
Robert Fitzer, Associate Vice President
Fordham Department of Public Safety