The Residence Halls Association is in need of your department’s assistance.
Less than one month ago, the nation of Haiti suffered a devastating earthquake that shook the foundations of the Republic. The effects of the earthquake have reached every part of the world, including here at Fordham with several of our students and club leaders personally affected by the disaster.
In light of these events, the Residence Halls Association has decided to rename the 16th Annual AIDS Benefit Auction to the Haiti Relief Auction, a part of Benefit Week 2010 (see below for schedule). The entirety of the proceeds raised during the auction will benefit the Haiti relief efforts, being equally divided between the Catholic Relief Services and the Jesuit Refugee Service.
The event will take place on February 26th, 2010 beginning at 7PM in O’Keefe Commons (O’Hare Hall). It will consist of a silent raffle auction and a live auction, along with performances by several student groups on campus.
We are requesting the help of every department on campus. We are in the process of soliciting donations from various companies in and around New York City. Any donation that your department can make will be greatly appreciated. Already, Rev. Joseph M. McShane, S.J., has generously agreed to auction off a dinner with himself for six guests. At past auctions, Facilities has donated a tour for four of the underground tunnels and Keating bell tower, Residential Life has donated the 1st and 2nd Housing Lottery numbers, Security has donated a parking pass, and various Deans and Faculty have donated dinners with themselves.
Most importantly, we need attendance. We are asking every facet of this University to actively advertise the event through any resources available to your department. And we cordially invite your department to attend the event as well. With your help, we hope to create an incredible amount of awareness and an event that will greatly benefit the Haitian people.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Benefit Week 2010
- Saturday, February 20th – Volleyball Tournament – Lombardi Fieldhouse – 6PM (Benefits Incarnation Children’s Center)
- Monday, February 22nd – Battle of the Bands – Ramskeller (McGinley) – 8PM (Benefits Operation Shoebox)
- Tuesday, February 23rd – Benefit Poker Tournament – O’Keefe Commons – 6PM (Benefits Parents of ANGELS)
- Wednesday, February 24th – Video Game Tournament – TBA – 4:30PM
- Thursday, February 25th – Wine and Beer Tasting – Tognino Hall – 9PM
- Friday, February 26th – The 16th Annual Benefit Auction: Haiti Relief Auction – O’Keefe Commons – 7PM