Fordham is looking for a Social Media Manager to coordinate its social media platforms across the University. The three non-negotiable qualifications, in order of importance, are:
- Superior judgment;
- Writing ability;
- Five years’ recent experience in social media for an organization, preferably in higher education.
You’ll be working closely with eight professionals in the News and Media Relations Bureau, as well as other staff in University Marketing and Communications. They’re smart, funny people with questionable taste in music. You will enjoy your work and adore your colleagues. You’ll get free food from time to time, which will lean heavily toward things your doctor says you should avoid. You will have a lot of responsibility and a commensurate amount of support. There will be no ponies. You will have to work some evening and weekend events, which you will attend with conspicuous good cheer. We generally promote from within, but your colleagues are disinclined to leave, so promotion may not come as quickly as we’d like.
Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York: it’s a collegial place to work; we think that the people here walk the walk more than any other organization with which we’ve been associated. We think that universities are where civilization is maintained. If you want creative and meaningful work, you’ll find it here.
Please respond only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and appropriate links. Cover letters extolling your virtues as a citizen and country western singer are optional.
Please read the full job posting (below and HERE) before responding:
Position: A07405 Date: June 30, 2015
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Social Media Manager
DEPARTMENT: Development and University Relations, Lincoln Center
- Is the primary point of contact for official social media channels in news, marketing, enrollment, alumni,
development, academic affairs, and student affairs, among other areas.
- Responsible for creating and coordinating complementary content for diverse audiences.
- Reports to the senior director of communications.
- With the senior director and leadership in marketing and communications, extends and implements social media
communications across the University.
- Develops, posts, and supervises content; engages with diverse audiences.
- Stays abreast of social media trends and audience demographics.
- Advises departments across the University in best practices.
- Assists with crisis communications; and keeps the leadership advised of issues important to the University that emerge in social media.
- Superior judgment.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years’ recent experience in social media for an organization, preferably in higher
- Experience with video and audio recording.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and analytics.
- Comfortable speaking on camera.
- Ability to track multiple projects and prioritize.
- Strong technical skills across a representative group of social media platforms and attendant software
(e.g.: Photoshop, video editing software, etc…).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work with a broad range of clients across the University.
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
START DATE: July 1, 2015
Submit letter, resume, and social media links to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Social Media Manager
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.