Dear Members of the Campus Community:
There will be no Five Things mailing next week: Five Things will resume publication the week of November 29. Please enjoy a happy and safe Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Here are this week’s five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations.
Please wear a mask in all indoor public spaces at all times. See the COVID-19 Guidelines on the web for detailed information: fordham.edu/fordhamforward:
- In the last 14 days, 87 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Get an Influenza (Flu) vaccine: Universities across the country are experiencing severe Flu outbreaks, and there have been several cases at Fordham. Students can schedule a vaccination with University Health Services at any time. Faculty and staff who missed the University’s recent on-campus flu vaccination opportunities may also contact their health care providers or check with local pharmacies (the vaccines are covered by insurance).
- Community transmission of COVID-19 continues to be classified by the CDC as Substantial or High in most areas of the United States. With that in mind, all students, faculty, and staff who plan to come to campus after the Thanksgiving break for any reason or any length of time are required to be tested for COVID-19 between Monday, November 29 and Friday, December 10. The test must be a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test, not an antigen or antibody test. See full details here.
- A Reminder: the number of new, on-campus cases of COVID-19 increased again in the last two weeks, almost exclusively among students, due in large part to attendance at off-campus, unmasked indoor gatherings. Please protect the campus community and your loved ones by socializing responsibly, especially on the eve of and during the Thanksgiving break.
- The University is making COVID-19 boosters available for all eligible students, faculty, and staff. The vaccine schedule is available on the COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Resources page.
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator