COVID-19 Update | Five Things, March 17, 2022
Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Fordham University COVID-19 Guidelines on the web: fordham.edu/fordhamforward
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Here are the five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations.
- On-Campus Cases: In the last 7 days, 25 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Fordham Vaccine Mandate: The University will continue to require all on-campus students, faculty, and staff to be fully up-to-date† on vaccinations for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Fordham University Commencement: The main Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 21, and diploma ceremonies, will be open to students and their families (as well as faculty and staff). These events require all guests (including family members) to be fully up-to-date† on vaccinations. Any individual entering campus must show proof of up-to-date vaccinations: there will be no COVID-19 test option.
- New COVID-19 Variants in Europe and the UK: The University is carefully monitoring the incidence of COVID-19 variants overseas, both for the safety of Fordham personnel abroad, and for planning purposes here in New York City.
- Spring Break Return to Campus Requirements: All students who need to enter campus will be required to submit COVID-19 test results no later than March 30 regardless of whether or not they traveled during the break. The test must be a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test, not an antigen or antibody test, and it must be performed no earlier than 3 days prior to their return to campus and no more than 5 days after. Students who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you do not need to have a new test. (Employees who have traveled out of state—aside from routine commuting—at any time are expected to submit COVID-19 PCR test results within 4 days of their return.)
†“Up-to-date” means the individual has received a full series of COVID-19 vaccines, and a booster shot, if eligible.
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator