Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Fordham University COVID-19 Guidelines on the web: fordham.edu/fordhamforward
Here are the five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations.
- On-Campus Cases: In the last 7 days, 46 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Spring Break Return to Campus Requirements: All students who need to enter campus will be required to submit COVID-19 test results no later than March 30 regardless of whether or not they traveled during the break. The test must be a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test, not an antigen or antibody test, and it must be performed no earlier than 3 days prior to their return to campus and no more than 5 days after. Students who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you do not need to have a new test. (Employees who have traveled out of state—aside from routine commuting—at any time are expected to submit COVID-19 PCR test results within 4 days of their return.)
- On-Campus Events/Access to Campus: Only Fordham-sponsored events are permitted on campus. These events are open to spectators/invited guests (including family members, alumni and their families) who are fully up-to-date† on vaccinations. Any individual entering campus must show proof of up-to-date vaccinations.
- Masking Requirements: Masks are recommended but not required in classrooms, labs, work settings, and public spaces for individuals fully up-to-date† on vaccinations.
- Classroom and Laboratory Masking: Faculty may require masks in classrooms and laboratory settings, if in their judgement, circumstances warrant. Masks are Still Required for:
- Unvaccinated individuals with a vaccine exemption;
- All individuals on Ram Vans and in University Health Service locations (offices, and testing and vaccination sites).
†“Up-to-date” means the individual has received a full series of COVID-19 vaccines, and a booster shot, if eligible.
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator