From the Office of the Vice President for Administration:
Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Here are this week’s five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations:
- In the last 14 days, 2 people in the University community tested positive for COVID-19, positivity rate of 1.33% of 150 tests administered, as listed on the University dashboard.
- As members of the University community begin to resume using mass transit to commute to their campuses, they should follow the MTA’s safety guidelines, and look up their Neighborhood Coordination Officer. It is generally considered safe for fully vaccinated, masked individuals to use public transportation, following CDC guidelines.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available on or near campus through August. Please click here for times and locations. People who are not vaccinated will be required to take weekly COVID-19 tests commencing August 20.
- All faculty and staff are expected to be registered with VitalCheck at customer-support@
getvitalcheck.com, and students at StudentVitalCheck@fordham. edu, by August 20: this is a HIIPA-compliant service that is linked to your Fordham ID card for ease of entry to campus. Faculty and staff who have been fully vaccinated should send an image of their completed vaccine card to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (use the same addresses to inform the University of COVID-19 test results). Students who have been fully vaccinated should upload an image of their completed vaccine card to the student health portal.
- Fordham anticipates returning to unmasked, full capacity in classrooms, residence halls, dining facilities, and office and public spaces in the fall, in accordance with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator