From the Office of the Vice President for Administration:
Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Here are this week’s five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations:
- In the last 14 days, no members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, a positivity rate of 0% of 96 tests administered, as listed on the University dashboard.
- All employees teaching and working in-person are required to be fully vaccinated by August 1, 2021, in anticipation of permanent U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of one or more of the currently available vaccines. Employees may request exemptions on medical and religious grounds here. (Students are already required to be fully vaccinated by August 1.)
- All employees, students, approved guests, and vendors must show proof of vaccination upon arrival at security posts to enter any Fordham campus. Alternatively, until August 1, individuals can provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to their arrival, and wear a mask while inside campus buildings. Acceptable proof of vaccination includes the VitalCheck pass, New York Excelsior pass or a CDC vaccination card.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available on or near campus through August. Please click here for times and locations. People who are not vaccinated will be required to take weekly COVID-19 tests commencing August 20.
- All faculty, students, and staff are expected to be registered with VitalCheck, a HIPAA-compliant service that is linked to your Fordham ID card for ease of entry to campus, no later than July 15, even if they are not returning to campus until fall. Faculty and staff can register with VitalCheck at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students attending in-person classes in the fall are automatically registered with VitalCheck and will begin to receive the daily notifications closer to the start of classes, provided they have uploaded their vaccination records.
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator