Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Fordham University COVID-19 Guidelines on the web: fordham.edu/fordhamforward
Happy Groundhog Day. Here are the seven things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations for the first week of classes. All members of the University community are required to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces at all times. (See the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidelines on masks.)
- On-campus cases: In the last 7 days, 45 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Lombardi Field House has reopened for fitness purposes: as with the Rose Hill fitness center, strong mitigation protocols are in place, including occupancy limits, social distancing requirements and indoor masking.
- The Rose Hill Campus Center is now fully open to the on-campus community without restrictions (the Fitness Center remains limited by social distancing requirements).
- Indoor precautions: individuals may temporarily remove masks to drink beverages, but otherwise remain masked in classrooms. Eating in classrooms remains prohibited. On-campus meetings and events may now offer food and beverages.
- Outside speakers and performers in limited numbers are now permitted, subject to the University vaccination, booster, and testing requirements. No other non-University visitors nor guests are permitted on campus.
- Fans at athletics competitions are limited to members of the on-campus community: families and non-Fordham spectators continue to be restricted.
- Individuals must upload a new negative PCR test administered after January 23 and before February 13. You will know your test has successfully updated if the link to upload a test is no longer on your daily VitalCheck attestation. (If you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, and you have the link requesting a new test, please upload a copy of those recent positive test results to the VitalCheck daily attestation.)
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator