Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Fordham University COVID-19 Guidelines on the web: fordham.edu/fordhamforward
Here are the five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations.
- On-Campus Cases: In the last 7 days, 120 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Local Neighborhood COVID-19 Cases: Hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19 are flat or down (on-campus cases have been asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic):
- Lincoln Center
- Rose Hill
- Commencement Vaccination Requirements: The University requires all visitors to campus (ages 5 and older) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. One booster shot is required for all guests who are eligible. Please review the COVID-19 vaccination policy for more information.
- Pandemic Status: Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, declared the U.S. “out of the pandemic phase” on Tuesday, and reinforced the need for vaccination against COVID-19.
- Infection-Acquired Immunity Versus Vaccination: The CDC has said that getting a COVID-19 vaccination is a safer and more dependable way to build immunity to COVID-19 than getting sick with COVID-19. “For people who already had COVID-19, those who do not get vaccinated after their recovery are more than 2 times as likely to get COVID-19 again than those who get fully vaccinated after their recovery.” See the CDC’s Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines webpage.
- Fordham Vaccine Mandate: The University will continue to require all on-campus students, faculty, and staff to be fully up-to-date† on vaccinations for the 2022-2023 academic year. It may be necessary to require a second booster shot for eligible individuals beginning in September 2022.
†“Up-to-date” means the individual has received a full series of COVID-19 vaccines, and a booster shot, if eligible.
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator