From the Office of the Vice President for Administration:
Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Here are this week’s five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations:
- In the last 14 days 25 people in the University community tested positive for COVID-19, an overall on-ground positivity rate of 0.34%, as listed on the University dashboard.
- Walk-in vaccination appointments are available on campus this week at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center or you can register here: https://www.fordham.edu/info/
30444/covid-19_testing_and_ vaccine_resources (The University will give preference to those with scheduled appointment times—registration in advance will expedite your visit.) Rose Hill: Tuesday, April 27, and Thursday, April 29, in the Engineering Office in the rear of O’Hare Hall; and Lincoln Center: Wednesday, April 28, in McMahon Hall, Room 211, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both sites.
- If you have concerns regarding COVID-19 vaccines, your best option is to speak with a family physician: they will understand the medical issue and be acquainted with your medical history. You can also make an appointment for a private vaccine video consultation with a VitalCheck physician via this page.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the New York state Department of Health, and New York City Department of Health all advise vaccination as the best way to protect yourself and those around you from COVID-19, and to end the pandemic.
- On Friday, April 23, the FDA and CDC lifted the pause of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccine. The Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for persons 18 years of age and older in the U.S. population under the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization without any limitations by age, sex, or other risk factors.
You are required to use VitalCheck to verify your COVID-19 status. For more information, please see the COVID-19 Guidelines on the web.
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator