Dear Members of the Campus Community:
The National Weather Service (NWS) is predicting snow and severe winter weather for the New York City area beginning Wednesday, December 16, and extending through Thursday, December 17. All personnel are asked to be prepared for heavy snowfall and to use extreme caution during the storm. Based upon the NWS forecast, Fordham will make the following changes to on-campus operations:
- Since classes and examinations are currently being held remotely, the storm will not affect their scheduling.
- COVID-19 testing on Wednesday, December 16, will be limited to the hours between 10 a.m. and Noon at both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses.
- While there is no indoor dining permitted in New York City, the Rose Hill Marketplace is open for takeout orders between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. for breakfast; 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lunch; and 5 to 7:30 p.m. for dinner; and for pre-packaged grab-and-go service between 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- The Westchester campus and Calder Center will be closed on Wednesday, December 16, and Thursday, December 17.
- Fordham University Libraries at both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses will operate between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. from Wednesday, December 16, through Friday December 18. The Law Library will be open until 11 p.m. on Wednesday, will not be open on Thursday, and will reopen on Friday at 8 a.m.
- Ram Vans between Rose Hill and Lincoln Center will operate on reduced schedules between 7 a.m. and Noon on Wednesday, December 16; service will be suspended at Noon and will not resume until Friday, December 18, at 7 a.m.
- Public Safety will continue the late-night van service from the Bathgate entrance of the Rose Hill campus between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night unless road conditions preclude doing so.
- RAM Fit at the Rose Hill McGinley Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday through Friday; and on Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- No vehicles may be parked on campus roadways to permit Facilities personnel to clear roadways and paths.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping the campus community safe and healthy. As always, you may call Public Safety at (718) 817-2222 at any time for information or to report an emergency.
John Carroll, Associate Vice President
Fordham Department of Public Safety