Dear Members of the Campus Community:
The New York City area weather forecast for Tuesday, Feb. 2, calls for continued blizzard conditions and attendant disruptions to vehicle traffic and mass transit through most of the day. Therefore, all campuses of Fordham University will be closed on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
Tuesday, Feb. 2:
- Please exercise caution while walking on campus, especially around trees, as wind and ice/snow loads may weaken limbs.
- No in-person classes will be held on campus. Students should look for messaging directly from their instructors regarding online instruction during snow days.
- Staff and administrators who are able to work remotely should plan on doing so—staff who are uncertain about their status should check with their managers.
- Essential on-campus staff should check with their managers for instructions.
- Community at Lincoln Center and Marketplace at Rose Hill will open as scheduled, but some other venues may open late or close early dependent upon demand and staff availability.
- University Health Services offices will offer tele-appointments only at both campuses.
- Counseling and Psychological Services will be open for in-person services at Lincoln Center only—CPS will offer tele-appointments for both campuses.
- The COVID-19 testing tent at Rose Hill and the testing site at Lincoln Center will remain closed Tuesday.
- Walsh and Quinn Libraries will be open as study spaces only from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.; the Law Library will be closed, but the Law School will provide classroom study space for those who request it.
- Ramfit at Rose Hill will be open on its normal schedule. Use the IMLeagues app
to reserve a time).
The fitness center at Lincoln Center will be closed.
- Ram Van service will remain suspended through Tuesday—service will resume on Wednesday, at 7 a.m.
As always, members of the University community should take local conditions into account when traveling to or from campus. Faculty, students, and staff should call any of the following numbers for the latest campus travel-related information:
- (718) 817-5555
- (212) 636-7777
- (800) 280-7669 [(800) 280-SNOW]
- (877) 375-4357 [(877) 375-HELP]
In an emergency, please call Fordham Public Safety at (718) 817-2222.
John Carroll, Associate Vice President
Fordham Department of Public Safety