Dear Members of the Campus Community:
Fordham University COVID-19 Guidelines on the web: fordham.edu/fordhamforward
Here are the five things you need to know about Fordham’s COVID-19 precautions, vaccinations, and University operations for the first week of classes. All members of the University community are required wear a mask in all indoor public spaces at all times. (See the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidelines on masks.)
- On-campus cases: In the last 7 days, 122 members of the University community tested positive for COVID-19, as listed on the University dashboard (out of an in-person population of 18,195).
- All faculty, staff, and students are required to have a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose as soon as medically permissible. The University is making COVID-19 boosters available for all eligible students, faculty, and staff. The vaccine schedule is available on the COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Resources page. (Vaccination, boosting, and testing requirements do not apply to students who are exclusively online and not coming to campus.)
- The University will continue surveillance testing on campus until the COVID-19 positivity rate routinely falls below an acceptable level (to be determined in coordination with our epidemiologist and public health experts). The next testing deadline is February 13.
- Individuals must upload a new negative PCR test administered after January 23 and before February 13, beginning Monday, January 31. You will know your test has successfully updated if the link to upload a test is no longer on your daily VitalCheck attestation. (If you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, and you have the link requesting a new test, please upload a copy of those recent positive test results to the VitalCheck daily attestation.)
- The University plans to reopen the Rose Hill fitness center on Friday, January 28, with strong mitigation protocols in place, including occupancy limits, social distancing requirements and indoor masking. The University is able to take this action as cases continue to decline citywide. (We will continue to assess other COVID-19 policies that were recently put in place.) A communication from Athletics will follow with more details.
Every issue of Five Things is archived on our news site: news.fordham.edu/tag/five-
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator