Dear Members of the Campus Community:
The University has been closely monitoring the frequency of COVID-19 infection on campus and in New York City and based upon the current situation is making the following modifications to University operations, effective immediately:
- Final exams will proceed in person and as scheduled.
- All faculty and staff should report to campus on their normal schedules through Wednesday, December 22.
- Students should leave campus for the winter break as soon as they have completed their last exam.
- Midnight Breakfast will be grab-and-go meals only.
- All University- and department-sponsored holiday parties are cancelled.
- All campus fitness centers are closed until January 18, 2022.
- All University events are cancelled through Wednesday, December 22.
- The Women’s Basketball Game scheduled for Sunday, December 19, is cancelled. The University is monitoring cases among student athletes and athletics staff carefully, and may cancel or restrict other competitions between today and January 18. Fans will not be permitted at any competitions through January 18.
- Sunday Mass at the University Church will be held as scheduled, but will be socially distanced. All attendees must be fully vaccinated and masked. The University hopes to celebrate Christmas Eve Mass at 5 p.m. on December 24 with the same restrictions, if conditions allow it.
The University will require all students, faculty, and staff to receive COVID-19 booster shots before returning to campus in January, or as soon as medically allowable thereafter. See the policy update here.
Our experience in managing COVID-19 across a multi-campus University over the past 18 months has taught us that vaccinations are the most effective way to prevent community spread, and requiring booster shots is the logical extension of Fordham’s vaccination policy.
The University is making COVID-19 boosters available for all eligible students, faculty, and staff. The vaccine schedule is available on the COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Resources page.
Finally, please wear a mask in all indoor public spaces at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation in protecting the campus community.
Vice President for Administration & COVID-19 Coordinator