In this program, industry leaders involved in different aspects of taking companies public will discuss the role of SPACs as an increasingly popular alternative to the more traditional IPO, including:
- Addressing upcoming regulatory and legislative scrutiny
- Trends in SPAC structures (e.g., anchor investors, trust accounts, and redemptions)
- Outlook in 2022 and beyond for the SPAC vs. traditional IPO path to the public markets
- Alignment of incentives among different constituencies in a SPAC
- SPACs as an investment opportunity
The program will begin with a welcome from David Cowen, president and CEO, Museum of American Finance, followed by an introduction to the program by Michael Harris, head of capital markets and business development, Citadel Securities.
The moderated panel discussion will feature:
Andrew Cohen: Founder and CIO, Difesa Capital Management
E. Ramey Layne: Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
David Panton: Managing Partner, SPAC Operations, Navigation Capital Partners, LP
Eklavya Saraf: Global Head of SPAC Listings and Managing Director of Listing Services, Nasdaq
The panel discussion will be followed by an audience Q&A. This event is co-sponsored with the CFA Society New York, the Gabelli Center for Global Security Analysis, and the Museum of American Finance.
This event is open to alumni, faculty/staff, parents, students, and the public.