Are you a mystic, or do you want to be? Are you a poet, or do you simply love poetry? If so, we invite you to join alumni chaplain Damian O’Connell, S.J., and fellow alumni for a read-along and discussion of Charles M. Murphy’s book, Mystical Prayer: The Poetic Example of Emily Dickinson.
We will meet on five consecutive Wednesday nights for one-hour Zoom sessions at 8 p.m. ET, beginning on September 1 and ending on September 29. These interactive sessions will be limited to 20 participants for the sake of discussion. Once you register, Father O’Connell will follow up via email with the readings for each week.
– Obtain a copy of the book. The book is available on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble.
– Watch the movie A Quiet Passion on Amazon Prime Video or rent it on YouTube, Google Play, or other streaming services.
– Read the assigned pages before each session.
– Formulate your own answers to the questions sent out each week before a session.
– Be prepared to engage in the discussion.
This event is open to alumni.