Steps to a Successful Graduation
1. Order your cap and gown no later than Friday, April 5. You cannot participate in the ceremony without your cap and gown. If you did not order by the April 5 deadline, please see “Notes on cap and gown” below.
2. Sign up to participate in the diploma ceremony by reserving your ticket(s) on the Fordham commencement ticket portal via the link in your email and record your name pronunciation no later than Friday, April 5, at 5:00 p.m.
- If you are eligible to graduate and did not receive the link via email in March, please contact GSBgraduate@fordham.edu.
- Signing up is also your chance to let us know if you have a Fordham relative who wants to hand you your diploma on graduation day. Is your parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, aunt, uncle, or child a Fordham graduate? If so, this option is open to you, as part of a cherished tradition. Please be clear on the specific relative categories provided in this paragraph before submitting your request.
Graduating students must reserve guest tickets in order for their guests to attend the diploma ceremony. Through April 5, students may claim up to three guest tickets on the Fordham commencement ticket portal and indicate an additional number of “waitlist” guest tickets they would like. Starting April 15, students may then reserve these additional “waitlist” tickets for the rest of their guests.
- You will receive an email when the “waitlist” tickets are released on April 25, and you will then have 48 hours to claim your tickets on the Fordham commencement ticket portal.
- You may transfer guest tickets to your guests directly, or to other students, via the Fordham commencement ticket portal—or, you may simply forward your electronic ticket(s).
- To help ensure all guests can be accommodated, please request ONLY the number of tickets your guests will need.
- If you no longer need some—or all—of the guest tickets you requested, you may “release” them within the Fordham commencement ticket portal. This will help provide an accurate number to ensure sufficient guest sea
- While tickets are required, guest seating is first-come, first-served.
Notes on cap and gown:
Graduating students must wear academic attire (cap and gown) to participate in the diploma ceremony. It is IMPERATIVE that you order your cap and gown no later than Friday, April 5. If you miss this deadline, you will not be guaranteed a cap and gown; without these, you cannot participate in the ceremony.
Please note: If you did not order by the April 5 deadline, extra apparel will be available at the distribution sites below on a first-come, first-served basis only and regrettably cannot be guaranteed. A $10 (cash-only) late fee will be charged in addition to the standard charge, and the standard fee must also be paid in cash only.
The cap and gown distribution schedule is as follows:
Lincoln Center distribution, Pope Auditorium:
Saturday, May 11: 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, May 17: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 19: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Westchester distribution, Room G-12:
Wednesday, May 8: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
If your guests have any special seating or other disability services needs:
If you have one or more guests who require wheelchair access, a sign language interpreter, or other special seating or hearing arrangements due to a physical condition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-817-0655 at least two weeks in advance.
University Commencement at Rose Hill
All of the information above pertains to the graduate business school’s specific diploma-granting ceremony. This is the “main event” for most students—the time when you will walk up and receive your degree. There is also a separate, large-scale, University-wide ceremony that involves all students in all nine Fordham colleges and schools. As a member of the graduate business school’s graduating class, you are welcome and encouraged to join in. This main University Commencement will be held at the Rose Hill campus on Saturday, May 18, at 10:00 a.m, and you must register for University Commencement when you claim your diploma ceremony ticket on the Fordham commencement ticket portal. More information about this ceremony can be found on the Fordham University commencement website.
Thank you, and congratulations on your achievement!
Additional information, including seat assignments, will be provided later this spring, so please be sure to check back and look out for email notifications with further information.
This event is open to faculty/staff, parents, and students.