This inaugural Fordham Impact Investment Convening (#ImpactFordham) is a 200-person, invitation-only event hosted by Fordham Gabelli School of Business and Fordham Graduate Net Impact, bringing together a curated group of individuals for a deeper discussion about unlocking the power of private capital to make both financial and social/environment impact returns. The mission of the event is to expose key players in the financial community, policy making, and academia to the current landscape and thinking regarding the opportunities, challenges, and developments affecting impact investing in an inexorable drive toward mainstream.
Cocktail party generously sponsored by the United Nations Capital Development Fund.
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Registration, arrival, and coffee
8 – 8:30 a.m.
Greeting and introduction of Dean Donna Rapaccioli, Peter Lupoff, Fordham University, Lupoff Family Office
8:30 – 9:15 a.m.
Can We Do Good and Do Well? Issues, Unintended Consequences, Hope
- Chris Bullard, Senior Associate, Acumen
- Pearline Yum, Manager, The ImPact
- Sharadiya Dasgupta, Managing Director, Good Capital Project
Moderator: David Stevens, Director of Strategy, World Policy Institute
9:15 – 10 a.m.
Blended Finance Mechanics, Can All Constituents Win?
- Amy Wang, Investment Manager, PG Impact Investments
- Alice Catalano, SVP, Sarona Funds
- John Larkin, Head of Impact Investments, Avenue Capital Group
Moderator: Esther Pan Sloane, Head of Partnerships, UNCDF
10 – 10:15 a.m.
10:15 – 11 a.m.
ESG, Materiality and Measurement
- Jeffrey Gitterman, Co-Founder, Gitterman Wealth Management
- Jeff Cohen, Product Strategist, SASB
- Christina Alfandary, Managing Director, Gabelli Funds ESG
Moderator: Linda Zhang, Ph.D., CEO, Purview Investments
11 – 11:45 a.m.
Financial Inclusion via Alternative Credit Strategies
- Gil Crawford, CEO, Microvest
- Arjun Batra, CIO, Lendable Marketplace
- Wole Coaxum, CEO, Mobility Capital Finance
Moderator: Obie L. McKenzie, Managing Director, BlackRock
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
12 – 12:45 p.m.
Luncheon Keynote Speaker — Danielle Kayembe, Greyfire Impact
The Rise of the Female Driven Economy: How Women are Driving Innovation, Impact and the Future of Economics
Danielle is a female futurist and serial entrepreneur dedicated to empowering women through her global work in business, social impact, writing, and public speaking. She has been featured on CNBC and in Forbes. Danielle is an Ariane de Rothschild Fellow for 2018, and is currently an Entrepreneur in Residence at Nike.
12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
Safe Spaces, Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Derwin Sisnett, Partner, Maslow Development
- Avi Telyas, Founder, Makerhoods
- Katherine St. Onge, Director, Calvert Impact Capital
Moderator: Mickey Penzer, Vice President, Penzer Family Office
1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
Keynote: Blockchain for Good
Paul Johnson, Fordham University, Nicusa Investment Advisors
2:15 – 2:30 p.m.
2:30 – 3:15 p.m.
Harnessing the Power of and Returns from Gender/Race Lens Investing
- Jarrid Tingle, Co-Founder, Harlem Capital Partners
- Leslie Harwell, Managing Partner, Alante Capital
- Chinedu Enekwe, Managing Partner, AffinitiVC
Moderator: Bahiyah Robinson, Founder, VC Include
3:15 – 4 p.m.
Evolving Impact Product Landscape: What’s New, What’s Next?
- Catarina Schwab, Co-Founder, CEO, NPX
- Abigail Steinberg, Associate, BFA
- Ethan Powell, Founder, Impact Shares
Moderator: Marcia Nelson, Managing Director, Aberleen Family Office
4 – 4:15 p.m.
4:15 – 4:45 p.m.
Screening of “Planetary,” introduced by co-producer Andrew Appel, Gitterman Wealth Management
5 – 7 p.m.
Fordham Impact Cocktail Party, generously sponsored by the United Nations Capital Development Fund
Welcome and Introductory Remarks by Judith Karl, Executive Secretary, UNCDF
This event is open to alumni, faculty/staff, students, and the public.