Join us for an evening of learning, community, and celebration. For the past four years, more than 30 Bronx school and district leaders have been engaged in equity-focused continuous improvement to tackle critical problems of practice in math, reading, support for multilingual learners, and other priorities. We invite you to learn about and celebrate their work with us. Their equity-focused improvement work has been supported by their doctoral studies at Fordham University to purposefully address Bronx priorities and develop workable solutions. Come and find out what they have discovered, strategies that work, and the success they have achieved as you network and celebrate these important improvements in the Bronx. Food and drink will be provided.
- Partnerships to Advance Equity Leadership: Lester W. Young Jr., Ed.D., Chancellor, New York State Board of Regents, University of the State of New York
- Centering the Needs of the Bronx: Meisha Ross Porter, Ed.D., GSE ’22, President and CEO, The Bronx Community Foundation
- Graduate Preparation Reimagined: Jose Luis Alvarado, Ph.D., Dean, Fordham Graduate School of Education
- Engaged Leaders: Steven Cobb, Damian Pacheco, Dr. Dione Williams, Andrine Wilson, Ed.D.
- District Perspectives: Superintendent Fia Davis, Community Superintendent Maribel Hulla, Ed.D.; Superintendent Cristine Vaughan
- Poster Sessions of Improvement Work: Meet the Bronx leaders, see their work, learn new innovative ideas and solutions, and connect with like-minded leaders. Posters of leaders’ work will be showcased for easy review and engagement.
This event is open to alumni, faculty/staff, parents, students, and the public.