An upcoming panel hosted by the Graduate School of Education (GSE) will examine new trends in education hiring and professional development, and how future educators can improve their marketability in this shifting field.
“Careers in Education Today: Developing, Updating, and Promoting Your Skills in Today’s Job Market”
Tuesday, March 5
12th-Floor Lounge/Corrigan Conference Center | Lincoln Center Campus
A diverse panel of experts will discuss current trends in hiring, high needs areas and certifications, and trends in pedagogy and technology. Participants will learn about the skills that new hires need, and how both current and aspiring educators can stay current and marketable in the world of education.
- Moderator Linda Horisk, assistant dean of admissions at GSE;
- James Hennessy, Ph.D., dean of GSE;
- Abigail Woods Ferreira, GSE career counselor;
- Rakeda Leaks, Ed.D., senior director of Teacher Recruitment and Applicant Services, of the New York City Department of Education;
- John Lee, Ed.D., clinical professor at GSE and vice chair of the Division of Educational Leadership, Administration and Policy; and
- Marilyn Terranova, Ph.D., superintendent of the Eastchester School District.
For more information, read the story on the GSE blog.