The National Weather Service is expecting freezing rain and hazardous road conditions in the New York City area beginning during the day Friday until Saturday morning—February 4 and 5. All campuses of Fordham University will close at 1 p.m. today, February 4.
Friday, February 4:
- No in-person classes will be held on campuses after 1 p.m.: online classes will proceed as planned. Deans and instructors may contact their students with further information about alternative arrangements for classes affected by this announcement;
- Staff who normally have in-person responsibilities should expect to report to campus or check with their managers;
- Community Dining at Lincoln Center and the Marketplace at Rose Hill will open as scheduled, but other venues may close early dependent upon demand and staff availability (check @ramdining on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter for up-to-the-minute updates on Dining hours);
- University Health Services at Rose Hill will close at Noon and begin telehealth visits from 1 to 5 p.m.; Health Services at Lincoln Center will remain open until 5 p.m.
- All testing and vaccination sites at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center will close at 1 p.m.
- Counseling and Psychological Services will remain open on their normal schedules at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center;
- Walsh and Quinn Libraries will remain open until 9 p.m.; the Law Library will remain open until 9 p.m.; the Fordham Westchester Library will be closed.
- Ramfit at Rose Hill will be open on its normal schedule—the fitness center at Lincoln Center will remain closed;
- Ram Van service will end on Friday afternoon, with the last van departing from Lincoln Center at 2 p.m., and service will resume on Saturday at 7 a.m.
Please use caution while walking on campus, and avoid walking near or under large trees. To prepare for possible power outages, charge cell phone batteries, gather supplies, and turn your refrigerator and freezer to a colder setting. If you lose power, items that need refrigeration will stay cooler for longer. Local weather forecasts are imprecise, and the storm may be worse than predicted.
As always, members of the University community should take local conditions into account when traveling to or from campus. Faculty, students and staff should call any of the following numbers for the latest campus travel-related information:
- (718) 817-5555
- (212) 636-7777
- (800) 280-7669 [(800) 280-SNOW]
- (877) 375-4357 [(877) 375-HELP]
In an emergency, please call Fordham Public Safety at (718) 817-2222.