Six women who are leaders in the finance field will speak at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus this Friday, April 10, at an annual networking event devoted to helping women advance their careers and grow professionally.
Sponsored by Ernst & Young, and organized by the Gabelli School of Business, the event–titled 2015 Women in Leadership Conference: Strength in Numbers–takes place at Walsh Library from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is open to recruiters and non-Fordham students; a registration form is posted online. The speakers, in order, are:
- Barbara Desoer, CEO of Citibank, North America;
- MaryAnne Gilmartin, CEO and president of Forest City Ratner Companies;
- Danielle Sherwood, board president of 180 Turning Lives Around;
- Andrea Jung, CEO of Grameen America;
- Elaine Pouliot, CEO of Image by Elaine Pouliot; and
- Patricia David, global head of diversity at JPMorgan Chase.
The annual conference is meant to show young women the importance of networking, help them make connections, and allow them to hear from women who have achieved both personal and professional success. The event is organized by the Gabelli School’s chapter of Smart Woman Securities, a nonprofit devoted to advancing investment-related education among undergraduate women via seminars, mentoring, and meetings with industry leaders–including, in the past, Warren Buffett.