The scope of the long-term plan for the Fordham University Art Collection encompasses permanent collections and temporary exhibitions highlighting a range of material from ancient Etruscan treasures to works by promising 21st-century artists. The expansive approach aims to bring clarity to a disparate collection, while staking out new ground with pop-up exhibits and community outreach through art.
Right: Votive head of a young man, Etruscan Hellenistic, ca. 3rd-2nd century B.C. Fordham Museum of Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Art, gift of William D. Walsh, FCRH ’51, and Jane Walsh.
Left: Steve DiBenedetto, “Five Elements,” 2010. Oil on canvas. From the Rockslide Sky exhibition at the Center Gallery, Fordham Lincoln Center. Courtesy David Nolan Gallery, NYC.
Right: Cristóbal Villalpando, “The Adoration of the Magi by Cristóbal de Villalpando,” 1683. Oil on canvas. Mexican, School of Rubens. Fordham University Art Collection.
Left: Hildreth Meiére, Studies for the University Church reredos, 1942. Gouache on paper. Fordham University Art Collection, gift of the Jesuit Center, Wernersville, Penn.
Right: Paul Jenkins, “Phenomena Phoenix Arch,” 1968. Acrylic on canvas. Fordham University Art Collection, gift of David Kluger.
Winslow Homer, “Ladies Skating Pond, Central Park,” 1860. (Detail) Wood engraving. Fordham University Archives and Special Collections, President’s Print Collection.
Left: Angelo Ippolito, untitled, 1960s. Oil on canvas. Fordham University Art Collection, gift of the Ippolito family.
Right: Alexandre Istrati, untitled, 1986. Oil on canvas. Fordham University Art Collection.
Charles Graham, “Barholdi’s Statue of Liberty—The Illumination of New York Harbor,” 1886. Hand-colored wood engraving. Fordham University Archives and Special Collections, President’s Print Collection.